River Heights Intermediate School
7227 Scholar Way ǀ Eastvale, CA 92880 ǀ 951-738-2155
We want to welcome our incoming 7th grade families to River Heights. To promote a smooth transition from the elementary school to intermediate school, you will be included on school-wide communication from this point forward. Again,we welcome you to our River Heights family!
The school year is flying by and we have entered the third trimester. As we head into the annual assessment season, we will be reminding all students the importance of continuing to demonstrate The COLTS Way. On behalf of the entire RHIS staff, we are proud of our Colt students for being:
- COMPASSIONATE- showing kindness and respect to each other and going above and beyond to reach out to others in need
- OUTSTANDING- going above and beyond to do what is right and making good behavior choices
- LEADERS- knowing right from wrong and reporting when something doesn’t sound or look right on our campus
- TENACIOUS- remaining focused and doing what it takes to be successful
- SCHOLARS- doing their very best on every assignment or assessment
Recently we acknowledged all Colt students that have earned at least 150 HERO points so far this year. We are proud to report that over 600 Colt students were acknowledged for demonstrating The COLTS Way and earning at least 150 HERO points! Way to go Colts!
All Colt families are encouraged to visit our website http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/rhis for current information and news regarding our school. Please don’t hesitate to call our office at (951) 738-2155 anytime you have questions, suggestions, or concerns or contact me directly at email@example.com.
News, Notes and Reminders
Registration for the 2018-2019 School Year
The time to register new and returning students for the 2018-2019 school year is fast approaching. Our enrollment/registration window is available starting March 1st, 2018 through April 27th, 2018. River Heights Intermediate will be implementing a completely digital/online registration process to simplify enrollment as well as saving parents/guardians hours of time. As an added bonus, online tutorials and translations are also available. The attached flyer highlights the key features of Q Online Re-Enrollment.
It’s important to note that the process must be completed from a desktop/laptop computer. For your convenience we are providing parents with the following options;
- OFFICE KIOSK STATIONS: River Heights has kiosk stations located in our front office lobby providing access to “Q” Parent Connect. Our office staff has been trained to assist you with the process, if needed.
- SCHOOL SITE OPEN LAB DATES: River Heights staff members will host four open lab dates for families providing staff members to assist and answer questions. The open computer lab dates are as follows;
- March 6th, 2018 (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM) LIBRARY LAB
- March 13th, 2018 (3:30 PM – 5:30 PM) LABS D102 and D103
- March 20th, 2018 (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM) LIBRARY LAB
- March 27th, 2018 (3:30 PM – 7:00 PM) *Open House Night - LABS D102 and D103
- DISTRICT OPEN LAB DATES:
- Contact or visit our CNUSD Parent Center @ http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/ParentCenter for a list open lab dates
Please feel free to contact our records clerk, Paula Larsen @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or another member of our team with additional questions. We look forward to having your family at River Heights!
Coffee with the Principal
Our next Coffee with the Principal will be held in the Library on Tuesday, March 6th at 9:00am. The main topic of conversation for our coffee chat will involve the new electronic registration process for the upcoming school year. We invite parents to join us to learn about the new registration process for the 2018-2019 school year. Our computer lab will be open immediately following Coffee with the Principal and staff will be available to assist parents and answer any questions. We hope to see you next Tuesday!
8th Grade End of Year Activities
A number of special activities and events are planned at the end of the school year for 8th grade students. Please remind your child of the following guidelines to participate in end of the year activities:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- No more than (10) full days of absence (this includes excused absences)
- No pattern of negative behaviors or failure to serve assigned detentions
8th grade students not currently meeting the guidelines to participate in end of the year activities will be notified by the RHIS staff in the next few weeks.
2018-2019 Semester Calendar
Effective next year, all intermediate schools in the Corona-Norco Unified School District will be on a semester calendar. Detailed school calendars and a schedule of grading periods will be posted on our website as soon as they become available.
Mark Your Calendars….
March 6th Coffee with the Principal
March 16th Spring Pictures
March 21st ERHS 9th grade registration sessions with counselors (through History classes)
March 23rd Trimester Two Awards (5:00-7:00pm)
8th grade A-L
7th grade A-L
7th grade M-Z
8th grade M-Z
March 27th Open House (5:30-7:00pm) All current and future COLT families are invited to join us!
March 28th ERHS 9th grade registration sessions with counselors (through History classes)
April 2nd-6th Spring Break
April 10th Coffee with the Principal
May 7th PTSA Sponsored Blood Drive
May 8th Coffee with the Principal
May 18th 8th Grade Magic Mountain Trip
May 21st 8th Grade Awards Night
May 25th 8th Grade Outsiders Day (During the school day)
June 1st 8th Grade Promotion 9:30am - Eleanor Roosevelt High School Stadium
Principal, River Heights Intermediate School
Our Students….One Step Ahead!
Office (951) 738-2155
Fax (951) 738-2175
Principalemail: email@example.com: 951-738-2155 ext.4004