Welcome to Mrs. Courter's Class Website!Name: Mrs. CourterSubject:Sports Medicine and Emergency Medical ResponseContact Info: email@example.comRemind Sign Up:Text #: 81010MessagePer 1 : @6d6974Per 3: @8f3e8cPer 5: @7g394cPer 4: @dcebbPer 6: @ 27fckHomeroom: @k6789
1st Semester Final Exam Study Guide
- Describe proper body mechanics.
- Lifting techniques and reasons you would use them: clothes drag, ankle drag, walking assist, pack-strap carry, Blanket drag,
- What are the reasons you would move a patient?
- Describe the log roll. What are the steps and how many people should you have to do it safely?
- What is the modified H.A.IN.E.S. position and why would you use it?
- What are the devices for carrying patients and why you would use them? (stair chair, scoop stretcher, back board).
- The head-tilt-chin lift and jaw thrust methods and the reasons you would use them.
- Pulse, how do you take it and what is considered normal ranges?
- Blood pressure, how do you take it and what is considered normal ranges?
- Respirations, how do you take it and what is considered normal ranges?
- Temperature, how do you take it and what is considered normal ranges?
- Bloodborne pathogens and PPE’s
- Hands only CPR
- Anatomy diagrams
- Directional terms