• permit board
    What is a Work Permit?
    It is required by law for all students under the age of 18 to have a work permit during the summer, school year, and even if employed by a parent. The work permit is valid only for the employer issued to and expires each year on September 15th or when a student has a new job.   

    Where do I pick up an application for a work permit?

    You may pick up a work permit application from the Front Office or Career Center at Norco High School.

    Who must fill out the work permit application?

    You must complete the request for a work permit and statement of intent to employ minor form.

    Have your employer fill in the middle section of the form. The employer must sign it and fill in the workers’ compensation insurance information. Your parent or guardian must sign (parent’s signed statement) at the bottom of the form.


    Where do I turn it in?

    Deliver the completed application to the Corona-Norco Unified School District Office (Student Services Department) at 2820 Clark Avenue, in Norco from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The work permit is mailed to your employer within 3 working days. If you have any questions, please call (951) 736-5111.
    Do you want to learn more about your rights as an underage worker?  Visit http://www.youthrules.dol.gov/index.htm for more information today!