Stay current with our eSTEM announcements and events!Quarterly e-NewsletterJoin our REMIND by texting @9662k4 to 81010
DEADLINE FOR THE 2018-19 ONLINE APPLICATION IS
DECEMBER 10, 2017, BY MIDNIGHT!
Please read the information below in its entirety before you apply.
Eastvale STEM Academy Enrollment Information
for Incoming 9th Graders
2018-2019 School Year
Eastvale STEM Academy at Eleanor Roosevelt High School is a specialized program that offers a rigorous curriculum for students interested in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematic fields. The program offers two pathways: medical science and engineering. We pride ourselves on our three founding principles: Access, Collaboration, and Partnership. We believe all students should have access to a rigorous curriculum, whether on the main campus or at the STEM Academy. Collaboration is encouraged at all levels: students to students, staff to staff, school and district to industries and educational institutions. We also focus on preparing our students to be college and career ready in the STEM fields upon graduation through partnerships.
When enrolled in the STEM program, students can expect a learning experience that takes the processes of critical thinking, problem solving, innovation, and collaboration and integrates it into the curriculum of real-world science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
There is an expectation that STEM students:
- Complete four (4) years of mathematics.
- Complete four (4) years of science.
- Complete the 4-year STEM Pathway.
- Complete three (3) years of World Language.
- Take a Zero Period and Summer School to meet the demands of pathway completion.
- Note: Some STEM students may be on the ERHS traditional bell schedule in order to accommodate their non-STEM classes (e.g. band, athletics, etc.).
- Maintain positive academic standing throughout their four (4) years in the program (no F’s), as students will be placed on academic probation otherwise.
- Make a choice between various programs, such as AVID, PUENTE, UNITY, and ASB, as these programs conflict with the STEM Pathway course requirements. Link Crew as an elective course conflicts with STEM as well.
- Complete an annual district science project.
- Perform community service and/or be involved in a community outreach or community impact project.
- Be involved in the STEM Academy’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program.
After considering the expectations of the STEM Academy Program, students who are interested should do the following:
- Attend an Information Night for Parents and Students to gain a better understanding of the STEM Program. These will be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and Wednesday, November 15, 2017, at 6:30pm in the ERHS Theatre. Students/Parents who are interested should attend one of the nights.
- Complete an online application by the deadline.
- Online application will be live starting on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 12:00am. It will close on Sunday, December 10, 2017, at 11:59pm. You cannot submit before or after the online application window. All applications must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59pm on the day of the application deadline, which is Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Each year, we will admit approximately 190 students to the Eastvale STEM Academy program based on space and staffing. If we have more than 190 applications, applicants will be notified of the next steps which would be the lottery process.
The following priorities have been established for enrollment via a lottery system (these priorities do not pertain to late applicants):
- Priority 1: Eastvale residents attending Ramirez and River Heights (home school is ERHS)
- Priority 2: Eastvale residents attending another school other than Ramirez and River Heights (home school is ERHS)
- Priority 3: Non-Eastvale residents attending Ramirez or River Heights on a district transfer
- Priority 4: All other students
If we receive more applications than there are spaces available, each student applying to the Eastvale STEM Academy for the 2018-19 school year will be issued a lottery number (after the application deadline) by electronic mail (e-mail). It is important that parents provide us a current and valid e-mail address when completing the online application. Please save the e-mail with your lottery number for future reference.
The lottery to select the students will be held in January of 2018. Date, time and location will be e-mailed out to applicants when lottery numbers are issued. Lottery numbers will be randomly drawn based on priorities until the available spaces are filled. Remaining students will be placed on a waitlist in the order their number is drawn. Accepted students will be notified via email by February 2018. Lottery results will also be posted on our website at that time.
Eastvale STEM Academy
2018-19 Online STEM Application for Incoming 9th Graders!
Online application will be live starting on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 12:00am. It will close on Sunday, December 10, 2017, at 11:59pm. You cannot submit before or after the online application window. All applications must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59pm on the day of the application deadline.
Eastvale STEM Academy Pathways*Promotional flyer reflects 2016-17 student enrollment numbers - current enrollment: 320 students**STEM building to open in 2019-20 school yearClick here to learn more about the Eastvale STEM Academy's two pathways of Medical Science and Engineering & Design.