ATTENDANCEThe attendance line is available 24 hours a day. Please call early to clear absences. You only have 10 days to clear an absence, then it automatically becomes a truancy.Attendance Clerk: Mrs. Erma AvilaPhone number: (951) 736-3409
In accordance with state law and district policy as listed in the Parent-Student Handbook 2017-2018 listed below is the attendance policy for Letha Raney Intermediate School:
A pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
1. Due to his or her illness.
2. Due to quarantine under the direction of a county of city health officer.
3. For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
4. For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
5. For the purpose of jury duty in the manner provided by law.
6. Due to illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
7. For justifiable, personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral services, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, or attendance at an employment conference, when the pupil‟s absence has been requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
8. For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Section 12302 of the election code.
A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefore, the teacher of any class from which a pupil is absent shall determine the tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence. (EC48200, EC48205)
REMINDER: It is the parent/guardian responsibility for reporting their child’s absence(s) to the school in a timely manner. You have 10 school days after your child has been absent to provide an explanation for the absences to the school. Absences not verified within 10 days will be recorded as unexcused/truancy absences.
Absences for Religious Purposes
Such absences are considered sanctioned absences. Pupils so absent must accept responsibility for making up work missed. Teachers are requested to make every effort not to schedule work on these days, such as tests or field trips, which are of such nature as to cause difficulty or embarrassment to pupils making up the work. (EC46014, BP5490)
Pupils with the written consent of their parent or guardian, may be excused from school in order to participate in religious exercises or to receive moral and religious instruction at their respective places of worship, or at other suitable place or places away from school property designated by the religious group, church, or synagogue. The pupil so excused attends school at least the minimum school day for his/her grade.
No pupil shall be excused from school for such purposes on more than four days per school month.