No Sporting Events Scheduled.
· Anybody interested in joining the 2014 Cross Country Team? Please come by F-7 during both lunches to receive information. Our boys are ranked #10 in California! Be a part of the success!
· ALL GIRLS interested in participating in Girls Tennis, please see Mr. Nino in Room S-201.
· Seniors: Per the District, we will no longer be able to distribute student cumulative file folders. We will, however, be able to give out student pictures that may be in your files. Please come to the Registrar’s Office with your I.D. to claim your school pictures.
· Also, see Counseling/College & Career Section.
Student Store/ASB Activities:
· No announcements at this time.
· No announcements at this time.
Counseling/College & Career Center:
· Summer School schedules can now be picked up at lunch or after school in the Attendance Office.
· For the first time in a long time…Norco College is now doing High School Concurrent Enrollment starting with the Fall 2014 semester! Applications will be accepted through June 16th. Log on to www.norcocollege.edu and click on Admissions & Records and then High School Concurrent Enrollment for instructions.
· The Neil Armstrong Scholarship Program is continuing its quarterly program of awarding individual general purpose scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to UCLA undergraduate men. The Neil Armstrong Scholarship Program was begun in the Fall Quarter of academic year 2011-2012 and is now entering its fourth year awarding scholarships to UCLA undergraduate men. To be considered for the scholarship in Fall 2014, an applicant must:
ü Be male
ü Attend UCLA
ü Have demonstrated leadership capacity
ü Apply by June 1st, 2014
Applications should be submitted online using www.tinyurl.com/ca-gamma.
If there is any difficulty accessing the online application, please use http://www.phideltatheta.org/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=ScholarshipApplication&Itemid=366.
Both of the above links are active links and may be pasted into the address bar of your browser. If there is any need for further assistance with the online application, please send an email marked urgent to email@example.com or call or text Stephen M. Youts - 714.313.4845 (cellphone or text). Please write “scholarships” in the subject bar and include your preferred email return address and a telephone contact number in your email, text, or voicemail. You will be contacted within no more than a few hours to assist you in accessing the online application.
· All students who are taking AP US History/Honors Economics next year need to do the Summer Assignment listed on the CHS web page under Guidance. You will also need to go to the bookroom to check out a book for the assignment. Any questions come by Room P-6.
· If you are taking AP Environmental Science next year, pick up your summer assignment in S-107.
· All students enrolled in AP Biology please come by S-102 to pick up your summer assignment. You will also need to check out an AP Biology textbook from the Bookroom.
· Students enrolled in next year's AP European History class need to come to a meeting in B-9 at 2:45 on Wednesday, May 21, to receive their summer assignment and pertinent information for the course.
· It’s not too late to purchase your 2014 Yearbook! Yearbooks are $85.00 with ASB, and $90.00 without. Don’t miss out on this year’s memories!
· Yearbook Staff Applications are NOW available ONLINE! Visit the Corona High Homepage and click on the Yearbook Link! It's that easy! Apply Today!
· Students: If you have had a hat/beanie confiscated you MUST HAVE A PARENT PICK THEM UP AFTER SCHOOL. The Front Office no longer will return hats to a student. Parents are welcome to come pick up the hat or beanie anytime during the school day.
Have a great summer vacation!