Corona High School
Monday, September 22, 2014
TBA – FR Boys WP @ Estancia Frosh-Soph Tournament
3:15 – V & JV Girls TN @ Temecula Valley
· Boys Soccer Tryouts will resume on Wednesday at 3:00 pm in the Stadium. See Coach Suds for details.
· Seniors!!! Are you having bad luck finding a job? Have you submitted countless job applications? Maybe your resume is the problem!!! Come to the Resume Writing Workshop on Wednesday, September 24th at 3pm in the Library and fix your resume once and for all! See you there.
· SENIORS! Please be sure to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with DC Photography to take your Senior Pictures. Your picture must be taken by September 30th to appear in the yearbook. Please call (951) 290-7276 to schedule your appointment.
Student Store/ASB Activities:
· If you would like to participate in the Dodgeball Tournament, there will be a meeting on Wednesday, September 24th, in the Library during both lunches. Come join the fun!
· The CHS Pep Squad is holding its Annual Fall Cheer Clinic on Sunday, October 5th. Students through 12th grade (or your siblings) are invited to attend. The cost of the clinic is $25. Pick up forms in B-13 or in the Health Office. Hope to see you there!
· Attention all Freshman! Link Crew is throwing a Freshman Pool Party, Friday, September
26th from 4:00-6:00pm. Entry cost is $1.00 and you must have your ID!!
Counseling/College & Career Center:
· The following colleges will be visiting our campus during both lunches in Room J-1 during the next few days:
Monday, 9/22 Soka University in Orange County
Wednesday 9/24 FIDM, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Thursday, 9/25 Grand Canyon University
· College Visits:
· Santiago Canyon is inviting all seniors planning on attending Santiago Canyon College in the fall, as well as their parents, to Family Night on November 13th. The event will take place at Santiago Canyon College 8045 East Chapman Ave, Orange, 92869 starting at 5:45 pm until 8:30 pm. Don’t miss this event! All students interested in attending this event need to RSVP to Maureen Roe at Roe_maureen@sccollege.edu by November 6th . Pick up a flyer in J-1 or the Counseling Office.
· The following SCHOLARSHIPS are now available in Room J-1:
Horatio Alger due Oct. 25TH (www.horatioalger.org/scholarships) )
Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship due Dec. 5 th
· Academic Letters and Lamps are now available! Be sure to bring your letter and ID with you when you come in to pick them up. ASB cardholders may pick them up in the Admin Office. If you must purchase them, you must do so in the Student Store.
· Do you need help??? Peer Tutoring in Science, Math, Language Arts, and Spanish is now available every PLC Wednesday at 7:30 am in the Library. Come on in!