Corona High School
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
3:15 – V Boys GLF vs. Norco
V & JV Girls SB @ Norco
V Girls TRK vs. Eleanor Roosevelt
V Coed SWM @ Eleanor Roosevelt
4:00 – V & JV Boys VB @ Centennial
V & JV Boys BSB @ Santiago
· Hey Seniors!!! If you plan on attending a 4-year university, a community college, a trade school, or the military in the fall, we want to honor you and show our community how outstanding you all are. We will be taking pictures on Monday, April 28th, Tuesday April 29th, and Wednesday April 30th in Room S-201 during both lunches. These pictures will be posted on our school website. Please bring a sign no larger than 8 ½ by 14 with your name and your future school listed to be photographed with you. You may also be photographed in your future school’s apparel. Don’t miss this opportunity. If you have any questions, see Mr. Pruett in the Counseling Office or Ms. Bako in the AP Office.
· Seniors: Extra Graduation Tickets are now on sale for Seniors with NO obligations. Up to three (3) tickets may be purchased at this time. They are $10 each, CASH ONLY, and can be paid for in the Student Store. You must have your current ID to purchase tickets and you must have no obligations.
· Also, see Counseling/Career Section.
Student Store/ASB Activities:
· Come buy a slushee at the Student Store! Try our NEW flavors now: Strawberry-Orange-Banana, Mango, and Blue Raspberry. All of them are “Panther” approved. Always on sale Monday through Thursday.
· Juniors and Seniors: Prom Tickets are now $75.00 with ASB, $80.00 without. Remember if you purchased the Senior Value Pack at registration, your prom ticket is not included in the items you bought. Guest Passes are available in the Student Store.
· GRAD NITE TICKETS are still on sale! Tickets are $95.00 with ASB, and $100.00 without. Get your tickets now! We are on our LAST BUS—BUS 10!
· CHS Students: Join us during both lunches tomorrow (Thursday), in the Principal’s Quad to learn about your college choices after CHS. Over thirty (30) colleges/universities will be showcased. Students, sport your favorite college gear on Thursday!
· Need Community Service hours? Work a shift or donate items to Make-A-Wish’s Club Car Wash on April 26th. Sign-ups can be found in Room S-204, and donations can be delivered to Room S-204 also.
Counseling/College & Career Center:
· The Neil Armstrong Scholarship Program is continuing its quarterly program of awarding individual general purpose scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to UCLA undergraduate men. The Neil Armstrong Scholarship Program was begun in the Fall Quarter of academic year 2011-2012 and is now entering its fourth year awarding scholarships to UCLA undergraduate men. To be considered for the scholarship in Fall 2014, an applicant must:
ü Be male
ü Attend UCLA
ü Have demonstrated leadership capacity
ü Apply by June 1st, 2014
Applications should be submitted online using www.tinyurl.com/ca-gamma.
If there is any difficulty accessing the online application, please use http://www.phideltatheta.org/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=ScholarshipApplication&Itemid=366.
Both of the above links are active links and may be pasted into the address bar of your browser. If there is any need for further assistance with the online application, please send an email marked urgent to email@example.com or call or text Stephen M. Youts - 714.313.4845 (cellphone or text). Please write “scholarships” in the subject bar and include your preferred email return address and a telephone contact number in your email, text, or voicemail. You will be contacted within no more than a few hours to assist you in accessing the online application.
· Moreno Valley College is hosting a free Basic Firefighter Academy Fitness Agility Workshop for females interested in fire careers. The date is Saturday, April 26th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in Riverside. Visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or Room J-1. RSVP to 951/571-6197.
· If you are a Senior planning to attend a Cal State University, or a California Community College, and you have a minimum GPA of 3.0, there are two new scholarships located in J-1. Information and application can be found at www.apcf.org.
· If you are planning to pursue a career in Fire Science, Fire Academy or Emergency Medical Technician, the Corona Fire Safety Foundation is offering a scholarship to two graduating seniors. Pick up an application in J-1 or online at www.discovercorona.com/fire. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
· Eat out at Graziano’s off Magnolia all day TODAY and a portion of your purchase will go toward the “Wish Upon a Cure” Relay for Life Team. The funds go toward ACS to find cures and finish the fight against cancer! When you go, mention “Relay for Life” or bring a flyer.
· This is the 2nd and final week for our Spring musical “Into the Woods”. Congratulations to everyone in the cast for performing four successful shows last week! Shows continue tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00 p.m., and at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday!
· THIS WEEK is Relay Dollar Week!! Bring a dollar (or more) any day THIS week to help raise money for the Corona High Relay for Life. The competition will take place in third period all week. The class that raises the most money will get a doughnut party!!
· Are you in need of community service hours, and want to have a great time earning them?? It's not too late to join Relay for Life and earn 13 hours of community service! See Mrs. Jones in Room K-6 for information.
· Panthers!!!! After School Tutoring now available at Corona High. After School Tutoring will start at 2:50 pm in the Library. Monday and Wednesday’s tutoring subjects are Math and Science. Tuesday and Thursday’s tutoring subjects are World Language and Language Arts. Tutoring ends at 3:50 pm.
· ATTENTION AP STUDENTS: The balances for the AP Tests must be received by this Friday, April 25th, unless you have a waiver. If your balance is not paid by this date, you will be unable to take the test. The total cost of each test is $89.00. So if you paid a $20.00 deposit, your balance is $69.00 PER TEST.
· Looking for something to wear at this year's prom? Go to www.ko-hi-nur.tk to see deals from Friar Tux. Just click on ad and you can browse the Friar Tux website by color, prices, and etcetera!
· Students: If you have had a hat/beanie confiscated you MUST HAVE A PARENT PICK THEM UP AFTER SCHOOL. The Front Office no longer will return hats to a student. Parents are welcome to come pick up the hat or beanie anytime during the school day.