Corona High School
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
TBA – V Boys BSB @ Newport Elks Tournament
V & JV Girls SB @ Hemet Tournament
3:15 – V Boys GLF @ Centennial
V & JV Boys TN vs. Rancho Cucamonga
4:00 – JV Boys VB vs. La Sierra
5:30 – V Boys VB vs. La Sierra
· RING ORDER DAY IS HERE! This is THE FINAL CHANCE TO USE YOUR MONEY SAVING COUPON when you order your class ring TODAY during LUNCH in the STUDENT STORE. You will need a $50 Deposit. Extra Ring Packets are available in the Student Activities Office. JOSTENS will also be DELIVERING RINGS at this time! ***DON’T FORGET CLASS RINGS MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO PICK THEM UP*** SEE YOU AT LUNCH FOR RING ORDER DAY!!!!
· Also, see Counseling/Career Section.
Student Store/ASB Activities:
· Do you need community service hours? If you would like to help out at this year’s Health Fair on Saturday, March 15th, please sign up in the Student Store. Thank you!
· GRAD NITE TICKETS are now on sale! Tickets are $95.00 with ASB, and $100.00 without. Get your tickets now! We are on our LAST BUS—BUS 10!
· If you are applying for Link Crew next year, your application is due this Friday.
· Attention all Students: Come watch the Corona Games in the Gym after school tomorrow, Thursday. Admission is free. Choose a team to support and come cheer them on!
· PEP SQUAD AUDITIONS: MANDATORY Parent/Student Information Night: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014, from 6:00 pm to approx. 8:00 pm in the Corona High Star Room. Information about the audition process, squad composition, expectations and other important information will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the advisors. If a Parent/Guardian is not in attendance at this meeting, the student will not be permitted to audition, unless previously rescheduled with the advisors. The CHS Pep Squad Audition Application Packet will be distributed at the March 18th meeting. This packet must be completed and returned, along with the CNUSD Physical Packet, in order for the student to participate in the Audition Clinic Week.
ü Audition Packets/Physicals Due: To the CHS Main Office by 3:00 pm on Friday, April 18, 2014
ü 5-Day Mandatory Audition Clinic: at CHS Fieldhouse, Thurs/Fri, April 24-25, and Mon/Tues/Wed, April 28-30 (3:30-5 p.m.)
ü Final Auditions: Thursday, May 1st, 2014 (4-7 pm), Corona High School Fieldhouse
Counseling/College & Career Center:
· A representative from California Baptist University will be visiting our campus on Monday, March 17th during both lunches in room J-1. If you applied to Cal Baptist and have any questions or if you are a Junior and have questions for next year, wear your “GREEN” and come to this informal presentation. Green is optional!
· Students: This is a reminder to turn your SUMMER SCHOOL CARDS in to Room J-1 as soon as you can. You don’t want to miss out on getting the class you want.
· The local Corona Norco PTA Council Scholarship is now available. Pick up a copy in Room J-1. You must be a PTA/PTSA member. Deadline to apply is April 11th.
· OPEN HOUSE IS TONIGHT! Festivities begin at 5:00 pm with our 2nd Annual Food Truck Festival. The Gourmet Food Trucks will be in the Student Lot off Lincoln until 7:45 pm. PTSA will have their Association meeting in the Library at 5:45, and Open House will be in the Gym from 6:00-7:30 pm. See you TONIGHT!
· It's Relay Time!!! Next week is our Relay Kick-Off.
Ø Monday we will paint the campus purple. If you’re feeling lucky, join us in the Quad at lunch and you might find a little gold.
Ø Tuesday is the Staff vs Seniors Basketball game. Come out and watch your favorite teachers take on the seniors. The game will begin at 6:30. Come to the Quad on Monday or Tuesday at lunch to buy your tickets.
Ø Thursday we will be having a fight back freeze dance. Come out and bust a move!
Ø Friday will be a Team Captain meeting at both lunches. If you are a team captain or want to start a team, join us in Room K-6 for more info and yummy pizza!
· Looking for something to wear at this year's prom? Go to www.ko-hi-nur.tk to see deals from Friar Tux. Just click on ad and you can browse the Friar Tux website by color, prices, and etcetera!
· Students: If you have had a hat/cap confiscated, please pick them up after school in the Front Office. Hats will only be returned before 6th period IF the student has Early Dismissal.