Corona High School
Monday, January 26, 2015
Sports: NO SPORTS TO ANNOUNCE
· Grad night tickets on Sale $100.00 with ASB or $110.00 W/Out ASB
SENIORS: PTA offers several
scholarships to graduating seniors:
California State PTA
23rd District PTA
Corona-Norco Council PTA
Corona High School PTSA
To apply for these, students must be 2014-2015 PTSA members. Memberships are $8 and envelopes can be found in J-1 and the Front Office. Please contact Rachel Mershon @ (951) 403-2750 with any questions.
· Seniors: The name issued on diploma is as seen on class roster. The name will read: First, Middle Initial, Last. Any Senior who would like their Diploma to READ their FULL NAME: FIRST, MIDDLE, LAST: Needs to stop by the Registrar office this week.
· Seniors: If you plan on applying for the local scholarship package, sign up in J-1 for a transcript which is needed to apply. One will be provided for you after first semester grades are posted.
· Seniors: If you would like help with your Norco College application, sign up in J-1 for
our application workshop to be held here on our campus on Thursday, January 29th.
Student Store/ASB Activities:
· No announcements at this time.
· Zoology Club will be having a meeting next Wednesday, January 28, after school in room K6.
· Corona High Pep Squad is hosting a cheer clinic on Sunday, February 8th, from 2-5pm. Any student, 8th grade through 11th, interested in trying out for our 2015-2016 squad is encouraged to attend. This is a free clinic. Forms can be picked up in B-13 or in the health office.
· The GO BALD! Fundraiser is now underway! If we collect $4,000 Brianna Jasso and Esteban Alvarado will be shaving their hair in front of the entire campus! Please help Make-A-Wish by donating in your 2nd period class, or any box around school!
Counseling/College & Career Center:
· The following scholarships are now available.
CNTA – 2.0 GPA and interest in pursuing a career in the field of education
Buick Achievers – www.buickachievers.com
· State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship – www.scholarshipamerica.org/statefarmgoodneighborscholarship/
Riverside County Assoc. of Education Office Professionals – Pursuing a career in business, preferable in the field
· Inland Empire 4Wheelers Scholarship – http://ie4w.com/page5/page15/index.html
· If you have late arrival or early dismissal, please turn your orange parent permissions slips in to Room J-1 to receive your ID Card sticker.
· “PSAT results are back! Students and parents are invited to the “Roadmap to College” program on Wednesday, January 29th, at 5:00 p.m. to pick them up and attend sessions on how to interpret them, college admission information, and how to get money for college. The event will end about 8:30 p.m.”
· Hey Panthers! Come support your fellow juniors and seniors at the powder-puff game this Friday January 30, Gates open at 6:00PM. Buy your tickets now for $4.00. Don’t Miss Out!!
· Don’t forget to sign up for the Blood Drive! I will be on February 11th. You can save three lives and earn some community service hours!!
· ALL AP STUDENTS: Order your AP test NOW! Starting January 13 – March 6, 2015 you will be able to order your AP test for the upcoming May 2015 testing. Please bring a CASH deposit of $20.00 dollars for each test taken to the Student Store. If you are filling out a waiver don’t forget to bring it with you as well. DO NOT WAIT till the last minute…