• nhs   
    Office Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm (closed 6/20/14-7/20/14)
    Phone: (951) 736-3307 | Fax: (951) 736-3282
    Registering a New Student
    *Please schedule an appointment to register your student by calling the Registrar's Office at (951) 736-3307.

    What to Bring:
    For the Parent or Guardian:
    • Parent's Photo IDAll parents/guardians must bring a current photo ID (passport, driver’s license, or employee ID)
    • Utility Bill - The gas, water, or electric bill must reflect the parent/guardian's name and service address - this address is what we use to verify that the student lives within the school's boundaries.
    For the Student:
    • Student's Birth Certificate - This may substituted with adoption papers, passport, or court orders
    • Unofficial Transcripts - In order to place your student in the appropriate classes, we must view the class schedule he/she had prior to arriving at Norco High School. Please provide grades if they are available.
    • IEP Paperwork - Please bring a copy of any special educational services your student receives to ensure your child continues the support while attending Norco High School. All parents and guardians may request this paperwork directly from the school the student last attended. You may bring a copy with you or have them faxed to us at (951) 736-3282.
    • Expelled Student Paperwork - If your student has ever been expelled from any prior school, you must provide a re-admittance letter from that school district. If you have not yet been re-admitted, please contact Pupil Services in our district at (951) 736-5178.
    • Student's Immunization Records - All students must include the following (please contact your child's physician if any of these shots are missing from the Immunization Record):
      • TB Skin Test - If this is the first time this student is entering Riverside County, the test must have been taken within the last 15 months. The test is administered on one day and requires the student to return within (and not to exceed) two days. The results must be documented on the student's Health Card. If the test is negative, you may proceed to register for school; if the test is positive, the student must have a chest x-ray with negative results. If an x-ray is needed, parents must obtain the negative x-ray results signed by the radiologist and physician, along with the date the x-ray was taken and the date the results were read on a letter to be given to the school while registering the student.
      • 3 Polio shots
      • 3 DPT/TD shots
      • MMR - measles, mumps, rubella
      • Varicella - chicken pox (required for all students over the age of 12)


    Any false, misleading, or deliberate omission of information is used to establish residency and secure registration in the District, shall be considered null and void.

    What to Expect when You Arrive: 

    Registration Forms - The completion of these forms takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. You may pick these forms up prior to your registration appointment if you would like to have them completed prior to your scheduled registration appointment.
    Home Language Survey - Included in the registration packet, you will be given a survey to assess the student's language. These questions ask about the language the student uses and the language spoken by other family members at home. Should the survey indicate another language is used other than English, the student must take a language proficiency exam known as the CELDT (California English Language Development Test). Should the student require this test, it will be scheduled within a day or two of your visit. Once the results are provided, the student will continue the registration process. (Although there is a delay, we strive to ensure as little time is wasted before getting your student enrolled and started in school. This delay is necessary to determine the student's program and class placement. The law prohibits the enrollment in classes that do not fit the student's needs should they be an English Learner student.)
    Student ID - Once all of the paperwork has been submitted and entered into our computer system, your student will receive his/her student ID. This ID number will remain with the student as long as he/she is in the Corona-Norco Unified School District. This number is used to pay for lunch if the parent has place money on their lunch account (do so by creating an account on MySchoolBucks.com), to check out books, to purchase tickets to school events/activities, and so much more.
    Schedule - Upon completing the registration process in the Registrar's Office, you will visit with the counselor to build a schedule and to receive a locker.
    School ID - You will receive a Student ID card in the Activities Office with the student ID and photo, and the option to pay for an ASB card (offers discounts when purchasing tickets to school events and activities). While in the Activities Office, you will also be able to purchase P.E. clothes and any other school attire. The Activities Office is always open before school, during lunch, and after school for your convenience. 
    Textbooks - Textbooks are issued to students in the Textbook Office, which is located just inside the "B" Building. You must have your student ID to check out textbooks and novels.
    Personal Guide - One of our most helpful TAs (a student office aid) will provide a quick tour of Norco High's beautiful campus while answering any questions along the way.

    Welcome Cougars!

    If at any time you have any questions or concerns, we encourage all students and families to contact any of our helpful staff to see how we can assist you better.