A lead scholar is someone who demonstrates a trait of a scholar (see below) and is trying especially hard to learn. They exhibit their personal best by following the journey to success. Each day two scholars are selected for the classroom. This is a HUGE PRIVILEGE.
When you are the lead scholar you select a lead scholar ribbon to wear the entire day all around our campus. The lead scholar keeps this handmade ribbon and collects them at home. The lead scholars direct the class and teacher in various tasks. Please make a big deal at home when your child brings home one of these ribbons. Congratulations scholars!
LEAD SCHOLAR PRIVILEGES IN FIRST GRADE
1. Organize and pass out table supplies
2. Sit with our classroom Owl mascot at your desk for the day
3. Learn with your shoes off
4. Answer the telephone for Mrs. Bunnell (later in the year)
5. Do special jobs for the teacher when needed
GO LEAD SCHOLARS!!!!!
We are scholars that sit in table groups named after a university!