· 1 cup white flour
· ¼ cup salt
· 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
· 1 cup water
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 2 teaspoon food coloring (optional)
1. Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium saucepan.
2. Add water, vegetable oil, and food coloring.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and stir for three to five minutes. The mixture should look like a globby mess.
4. When the globby mess forms a ball in the center of the pan, take it out and place in on a floured surface. “Knead” the ball bysquishing and pounding it several times.5. Place the play dough in a plastic bag or airtight container, and store it in the refrigerator when not in use.