Your Scholar's Academic Progress
ACADEMIC PROGRESS REPORT & TRIMESTER EXPECTATIONS
Your scholar's first academic progress report (6 Week Assessment) will be coming home after week 6. This report will provide you information on how your child is socially adjusting to kindergarten as well as how they are performing academically. There will be a parent meeting in the morning right after drop-off in our classroom. The meeting will explain how the information for the progress report was determined and the scoring for this report. The meeting will be brief, from 7:55 a.m. - 8:25 a.m. Please sign in at the main office. Thank you!
1st Trimester Expectations
1. Students will be able to recognize and produce the sounds for all 26 letters of the
alphabet, including computer font “a” and “g”.
2. Students will be able to recognize 10 of the 50 (List A) Kindergarten sight words.
3. Students will be able to write a simple sentence. This sentence should use correct
spacing, capitalization, and punctuation.
4. Students will be able to produce the beginning sounds of words.
5. Students will be able to locate parts of a book (front cover, back cover, and spine).
6. Students will need to be able to identify concepts of print (distinguish between letters,
numbers, and words).
7. Students will be able to match rhyming pictures.
8. Students will be able to make predictions based on book cover.
9. Students will be able to identify pictures of the main character, setting, and end of a
1. Students will be able to identify numbers 0-10.
2. Students will be able to write numbers 1-10.
3. Students will be able to count to 30 by ones and tens.
4. Students will be able to count groups of objects (1:1) and compare quantities from 0-
10 (more, less, or equal).
5. Students will be able to identify the following plane shapes: square, triangle, rectangle,
circle, and hexagon.
Trimester One Conferences are the week of October 23-26th. Please visit the tab titled "October Parent Conferences" to select the date and time for your conference. Simply email Mrs. Bunnell with your preference and she will confirm your date and time within 24 hours. Thanks for helping to plan ahead.