Tracey Ross from Care.com gives us some great advice on preparing for your child's parent/teacher conference. A little preparation can go a long way towards a successful year-long parent-teacher-student relationship.
Common Core Resources for Parents
This website contains resources which have been compiled for parents and community members seeking to learn more about the Common Core State Standards.
What Parents Should Know About the Common Core Standards -
Khan Academy has a large store of video lessons that will help your child make sense of Common Core Math and Language Arts Lessons.
Strong computation skills are a must for Common Core Math Success. Adaptedmind.com can help your child achieve computation success.
Here are some great ways to help accelerate your children's learning.
Learn Zillion is a free resource that contains CCSS lessons for Grades 2-6 in English Language Arts and Math.
Each lesson contains a video demonstration sample problems and practice.
Does your child need some basic Times Tables, vocabulary or Grammar practice? TryFreeRice.com provide that and much, much more.
Harvey Mudd College offers a Homework Hotline for students in grades 4 and up in math and science. The homework help is free.
The Corona Public Library offers free homework help: (951) 736-2381 for more information.
Welcome Back Bears!
The start to the school year is always a time filled with excitement and sometimes a bit of apprehension. It is also a time when students may begin to struggle with new curricular demands. This month’s blog entry will direct students and parents to online resources that help support student learning. As always, students need to be monitored while online. For tips on how to keep kids safe online, please refer to our earlier blog entry: September 2013 – Internet Safety at Home.
- Preschool– 2nd grade assistance.
Kindergarten through Twelfth:
- Provides freeonline tutoring in all subject areas
Corona Public Library
- Log in with your library card. Free online homework help or you can schedule a session in a private virtual study room.
Ticket to Read
- Per student pricing is $20.00 per year for reading only. A combined purchase of both the reading and math program is $64.00 per year. Students need to use Ticket toRead for a minimum of one hour per week to ensure maximum growth.
- Free lessons on reading comprehension
Read Write Think
- Offers a large library of lessons in a varietyof subjects
- Read your Houghton Mifflin textbooks online
Math Skill Building
- K – 6 math skill games
Free Rice - English/Spanish Translation
- Practice Humanities, Math, Languages, Science, English, Chemistry, Geography and SAT Prep all while donating food to children in need.
Harvey Mudd Homework Help
If you know of additional online resources, please let us know. We’ll add to our Parent Resource page. I hope everyone has had a terrific start to the school year!