High School Equivalency (HSE)(GED/ HiSET Preparation & Testing)Registration: Ongoing at Partner locations. Please call (951)736 3325 for details.Important Questions and Answers
What Languages are offered?
The GED and HiSET tests are available in both English and Spanish.
Where can I register for the tests?
Register at http://www.ged.com on the MyGED website, or at http://www.hiset.ets.org for HiSET. You will need to have an email address and you will need to give your contact information (address, phone number).
What subjects are on the new GED or HiSET tests?
The new GED test has four sections:
How much does it cost to take the new 2014 GED test?The cost to take the test(s) is $35 per test; $140 for all four sections. Up to two (2) retakes per test section at the discount rate of $15/retake.How do I pay for the tests?You can pay on the official MyGED website at http://www.ged.com. You can pay with Mastercard or Visa credit card or bank issued ATM debit card with the Mastercard or Visa logo.When can I take the test(s)?You can take the tests at your convenience but subject to availability of your chosen test center. The available time slots for the local test centers are listed on the MyGEC website.Where can I take test(s)?The closest sites are:Riverside Adult SchoolChino Valley Adult School*Corona-Norco Adult School will be a FUTURE testing siteHigh School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation Program
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm or 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Registration - Open on a walk-in basis at most Partner Locations. Classes are filled on a first come first served basis.
The General Education Development (GED) and HiSET Tests are aligned with the state and national academic standards. These tests place emphasis on critical analysis, information processing, creative thinking and problem solving. Test content includes academic and technical skills needed for entering the workforce and for higher education.
Enrollment is open year round. Morning or evening classes are available. Students may arrange flexible study times to accommodate job, family and transportation needs.
Registration for GED and HiSET Preparation Classes
- Students must register in person at the Adult Education Office located at 300 S. Buena Vista Avenue in Corona.
- Students will receive a referral to the classroom for an assessment by the teacher to determine GED or HiSET readiness.
- The class instructor will develop an individual study program based on the initial assessment. Students will have an opportunity to take several practice tests to ensure success on the Official Tests.
- There are materials fee for the Preparation Classes payable at time of registration to the tests.
- Language Arts – Writing
- Social Studies
- Language Arts – Reading