You must do one Speller’s Choice activity each night in order to prepare for your spelling test.
*Please choose a different activity each night.
1. Alphabetical order (ABC): Write your words in alphabetical order.
2. Rainbow words: Use three different colors to write your words.
3. Cheer your words: Pretend you are a cheerleader and cheer out your words (and spell them) to an adult. Write this in the box as your choice and have the adult sign his/her name to verify this activity was completed. *You must have a signature in order to receive credit for this activity.
4. Backwards words: Write your words forwards, then backwards!
5. Pyramid words: Write your words adding one letter at a time. The result will be a pyramid shape!Example: star s *You will need extra paper for this activity!st
6. Spelling City: Go to the website http://www.spellingcity.com and select “Search”. Click "Teachers/Parents." Then, type in the following teacher name: Rosa Parks Third. Select the list we are working on. You can do two different activities each week from Spelling City. Be sure you check the list and practice with the correct spelling words!
7. Disappearing words: Write each word, then write it again but leave one letter out…then write it again and leave TWO letters out…then THREE… until your word has disappeared! Example: star _tar _ _ ar _ _ _ r _ _ _ _
8. Computer fun: Use a computer to type your words. Use different fonts and sizes and make it look really fun! You do not need to print them out, just have your parent sign the box.
9. Friendly words: Write two words that share a letter so they are touching!
c a t
10. Other Handed: Write your words with the hand you do not normally use to write.