Resources Supporting the Common Core State Standards
Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core State Standards
The following links provide information on Common Core Standards-based instruction and strategies that can be used by parents to assist in their students’ learning.
• Council of Great City Schools - English/Language Arts
o http://www.cgcs.org/Page/328 (English)
o http://www.cgcs.org/Page/261 (Espanol)
• Council of Great City Schools - Mathematics
o http://www.cgcs.org/Page/244 (English)
o http://www.cgcs.org/Page/263 (Espanol)
Overview of Common Core State Standards
The links provided below provide overview and technical information relating to the Common Core State Standards. CNUSD is in the process of introducing the Common Core State Standards during classroom instruction.
• Achieve the Core - http://www.achievethecore.org/
• America Achieves - http://www.americaachieves.org/
Information on SMARTER Balanced Assessments
The SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium is the organization producing the annual technology-enhanced exams that will assess student learning in relation to the Common Core State Standards.
The links provided below provide instructional examples relating to Mathematics and English/Language Arts.
• Achieve the Core - http://www.achievethecore.org/ela-literacy-common-core/instructional-practice/
• Eye on Education - http://ped.state.nm.us/ped/CCDocuments/5ThingsCCSS_Davis.pdf
• Howard County Public School System
• Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics – http://katm.org/wp/common-core/