Mrs. Love's Class ScheduleName:Mrs. Love
Phone: (951)-739-5600 ext.2673
PeriodDaysClass#1M-W-THVisual Art 1A/B#2T-W-FDrawing & Painting#3M-W-THDrawing & Painting#4T-W-FPrep#5M-W-THDrawing & Painting#6T-W-FDrawing & PaintingIf you were absent from class on 8/11 and/or 8/12, click on the link below for the powerpoint for the directions:RIFF ON OPENING LINES DIRECTIONSFor the Drawing & Painting class Sketchbook activity introduced in class 8/13/2015 click here for the powerpoint:8/25/2015: FOR ALL OTHER POWERPOINTS & DIRECTIONS, PLEASE VISIT THE MYCNUSD CLASS PAGE AND LOOK IN THE RESOURCE FOLDER. LOOK ON THE CALENDER & FOLLOW THE LINKSWelcome Message:
The Visual Arts and Drawing & Painting courses are designed to give the student a basic to advanced understanding in the elements and principles of design. Students will be exposed to a variety of art media techniques through the assignments given. Emphasis will be placed on individual creative expression. Historical and multicultural themes will be introduced.
Areas of study will include:
· Art as communication
· Design Theory (Composition, elementsand principles of design, color theory)
· Two-Dimensional Design (Basic drawingtechniques, drawing vocabulary, drawing media, perspective, painting with bothtransparent and opaque paints, collage and mixed media.
· Three-Dimensional Design (Sculptureand/or Bas relief)
· Art in a historical/cultural context
· Careers and college information
Last Day to turn in any late or missing work: Semester 1 is December 5, 2014; Semester 2 is May 15, 2015