RAZ-KIDSYour child has access to a wonderful world of books through www.raz-kids.com. Students can listen to books, read books, and take quizzes to check for understanding.
Here is how to access the website and your child’s reading assignments from any computer connected to the Internet:
1. Go to www.raz-kids.com from your Internet browser and click on login.
2. Type in “dbarbourd” in the “my username” section and click go.
3. Click on your name.
4. Password: Type in your student ID# (lunch #).
5. Click on the EYE to read the book & then click on the EAR to listen to the book.
6. Click on the question mark to take the quiz.
7. Students earn stars for completing assignments. They can use the stars to buy items to decorate their rocket in the Raz Rocket Tab.
8. The expectation is that students listen to the book once, read the books independently next, then take the quiz without assistance from others.
Raz Kids Reading is now your child’s assigned reading homework. They should spend 20 minutes reading everyday. I will monitor students’ reading progress each week.
Remember, the more your child reads, the better reader he/she will become!
Thank you,Ms. Barbour