Welcome Kindergarten Parents,
This newsletter is designed to help keep you informed of school wide and kindergarten activities that will be going on this trimester as well as the academic focuses that your children will be working on.
August 9, 2017
First Day of School! Parent Participation Day
September 4, 2017NO SCHOOL Labor Day
September 5-15, 2017
Mid Trimester Assessments
September 22, 2017 Fall Picture Day
September 29, 2017
NO SCHOOL Teacher In-Service Day
October 2 - 13, 2017
Final Trimester Assessments
October 23-27, 2017Conference WeekMinimum Days (M,T,Th,F) - ALL Kinders attend from 7:45 - 11:32NO SCHOOL Wednesday
October 30, 2017 Beginning of Second Trimester November 10, 2017 NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day Holiday November 20-24, 2017 NO SCHOOL -Thanksgiving Break December 4-15, 2017 Mid Trimester Assessments December 25, 2017 - January 15, 2018 NO SCHOOL - Winter Break & MLK Holiday January 30, 2018 100th Day of School! January 29 - February 9, 2018 Final Trimester Assessments February 12, 2018 Lincoln Birthday - No School February 19, 2018 President's Day - No School February 23, 2018 Report Cards go home
**Every Wednesday is an Early Release Day. School gets out at 10:32 for AM students and 12:58 for PM students.**
Kindergarten 1st Trimester Essential Learnings
The following skills will be taught during first trimester and should be mastered by all students.
1. Students will be able to recognize and produce the sounds for all 26 letters of the alphabet.
2. Students will be able to recognize 10 of the 50 Kindergarten sight words.
4. Students will be able to identify the beginning sound of a word.5. Students will be able to identify the front cover, back cover, title,and title page on a book.
1. Students will be able to count to 100 by ones and tens and count forward from any given number.
2. Students will be able to identify numbers 0-20.
3. Students will be able to compare quantities from 0-20.
4. Students will be able to add and subtract to 10 (using manipulatives).
Kindergarten Sight Words
Supplies to Remember
We would greatly appreciate your help in supplying your child with the materials listed below:
Please Bring to School on the First Day:
(extras are always appreciated):
- 1 backpack with NO wheels, big enough to hold a 3-ring binder
- 25 clear sheet protectors
- 3 boxes of 24 count CRAYOLA crayons
- 8-10 glue sticks
- 2 reams of white copy paper
Always in need of:
- White copy paper
- Colored copy paper
- No. 2 yellow pencils SHARPENED
- Glue sticks
- Dry-erase markers
- Crayola Markers
- Baby Wipes