My primary mission is to provide opportunities for students to achieve their personal best, become responsible and productive citizens, and embrace lifelong learning in a safe and positive environment.
I, Mr. Nevatt, believe:
· All children can learn.
· All children benefit from developmentally appropriate materials, practices, and strategies.
· All children deserve a quality education in which individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported.· Direct instruction of students helps to increase student achievement.
· School is not just about children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment and the world.
· Children must be encouraged to see the connections between new learning and prior knowledge.
· Children are more than test scores.
· Children learn best in a safe, caring environment, one that values diversity, collaboration, and risk-taking.
· Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem higher.