Rules and ConsequencesDiscipline is used in the classroom to maintain order and to teach children that they must take responsibility for their actions. I strongly believe in immediate positive reinforcement for proper behavior. I use a reward system of table points, treats, and plenty of verbal praise.The following hierarchy for discipline will be used in my classroom if a student chooses to break any of the rules. A weekly behavior chart will be sent home to keep you informed of your child’s classroom behavior.
1. Respect others and their belongings.
2. Raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
3. Don’t talk while the teacher is talking.
4. Listen to and follow directions promptly
5. Use school property and materials correctly.6. Return all homework on Friday.ColorConsequencePurpleExcellent DayGreenGood DayIncident 1YellowWarningIncident 2OrangeMissed RecessIncident 3RedCall Home/Principal's Office