CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ■ MEASURE GG BONDNOTICE OF VACANCY*The following position is open until filled for committee members:
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
- Eastvale Parent/PTA representative
The Board of Education will be making this appointment to the Measure GG Citizens’ Oversight Committee.One of the requirements of Measure GG is the establishment of a Citizens’ Oversight Committee to oversee the expenditure of bond money for the construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or replacement of school facilities at Corona-Norco Unified School District (“CNUSD”). This committee will communicate its findings to the Board and the public to ensure that school bond funds are expended only for the purposes described in the California Constitution and that projects are completed wisely and efficiently.
The Citizens’ Oversight Committee consists of a minimum of thirteen (13) members appointed by the Board of Education from a list of candidates submitting written applications, and based on criteria established by Education Code Section 15282:
1. One member active in a business organization representing a business located in the Corona community, Norco community and Eastvale community;
2. One member active in a senior citizens organization;
3. One member active in a bona fide taxpayers' organization;
4. One member who is a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in CNUSD from the Corona community, Norco Community, Eastvale Community;
5. One member who is both a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in CNUSD and is active in a parent-teacher organization, such as a Parent Teacher Association or school site council residing in the Corona community, Norco community and Eastvale community; and
6. Two members of the community at-large.Persons interested in being considered for appointment to the Citizens’ Oversight Committee should submit an application directed to the Business Services Department, 2820 Clark Avenue, Norco, California 92860-1903 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.