California law AB354 requires students to have the Pertussis (Tdap) booster before entering 7th grade.
ALL students entering CFIS as 7th grade students will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster shot (Tdap) before starting school.
By law, students who do not have proof of receiving a Tdap booster shot will not be able to start school until proof is provided to the school. (The tetanus-diphtheria booster shot, Td, will not meet the requirement.)
We want to make sure your child starts school on time, we urge you to:
1. Get your child’s Tdap shot NOW. A large number of students need a Tdap shot between now and the start of the school year. Make an appointment with your child’s doctor or clinic to get a Tdap booster shot as soon as possible to avoid the back-to-school rush.
2. Save your proof of immunization. Please provide a copy of your child’s immunization record as soon as possible to your current elementary school. Be sure to keep the written proof of your child’s Tdap booster shot in a safe place.
If you do not have health insurance, have a financial need, or if you have Medi-Cal, your child can get the shot at the following location:
Corona Family Care Center ($10 per shot)
• Address: 505 S. Buena Vista Ave # 101 Corona, CA 92882
• Phone Number: (951) 272-5445
• Walk in Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 4:00
If you have any questions, please visit the CNUSD website at www.cnusd.k12.ca.us or call Steve Ellis at (951) 736-5111.