Degrees and Certifications:
About Citrus Hills NJHS
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the area of scholarship, service, citizenship, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1929.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in official Honor Society activities. NHS, NJHS and NEHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop character in students in secondary schools. These purposes also translate into the criteria used for membership selection in each local chapter.
This is an excellent opportunity for your student here at Citrus Hills Intermediate School to become a leader on campus, be active in the community, and prepare themselves for high school. At the end of the year each student will receive a National Junior Honor Society pin, card, and certificate to commemorate this high honor. In addition, 8th-graders will receive a blue and white cord they can wear proudly at their 8th-grade promotion. 2-YEAR MEMBERS WILL ALSO RECEIVE A MEDAL CONGRATULATING THEM ON THEIR SERVICE TO CITRUS HILLS NJHS.
To date we have volunteered at several of our local elementary schools, Corona Relay for Life, Make a Wish, Wounded Warrior, Ronald McDonald House, and various other organiztions in our community.
A few key points to remember:
- Students must have a cumulative 3.7 GPA and maintain a 3.7 GPA the ENTIRE YEAR to remain in good standing.
- Students will be required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of community service for the school year and participate in ALL mandatory school service projects.
- All parts of the Candidate Form must be signed and completed by the due date.
- Students must obtain 2 teacher recommendations by the due date. Teachers will return the recommendations to Mr. Enciso or Mrs. Tedesco.
- Dues will be $20 cash for the school year.
- T-shirts will be $10 cash.
- Each student is responsible for donating at least 1 toy for Spark of Love Toy Drive.
- Each student is responsible for volunteering at least 2 hours at Corona Relay for Life.
- Each student is responsible for donating a minimum of $5 to Corona Relay for Life.
- Each student is responsible for meeting ALL deadlines.
- Any student that cannot fulfill any of the above will be subject to removal from Citrus Hills NJHS.
Thank you for your interest and should you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Mr. Enciso (email@example.com) or Mrs. Tedesco (firstname.lastname@example.org).