Quiz 1: Words 1-6
1. HEART RATE- the number of times the heart beats per minute
2. PULSE- a wave of pressure along your arteries every time your heart beats
3. MAXIMUM HEART RATE- calculated as 220 minus a person’s age
4. RECOVERY RATE- The time necessary after exercise to return to a normal resting heart rate.
5. RESTING HEART RATE- the number of heartbeats during a period of inactivity
6. TARGET HEART-RATE ZONE- the recommended number of times the heart should beat each minute during aerobic exercise in order to improve aerobic endurance (approximately 60 to 80 percent of a person’s average maximum heart rate)
Quiz 2: Words 7-12
7. COMPONENTS OF HEALTH-RELATED PHYSICAL FITNESS- Muscular strength, muscular endurance, aerobic capacity, flexibility, and body composition.
8. BODY COMPOSITION- all of the tissues that together make up the body. (e.g., muscle, bone, vital organs, and tissues)
9. AEROBIC CAPACITY/CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS- ability of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels to function efficiently when a person exercises the body
10. FLEXIBILITY- the ability to move the joints of the body through a normal range of motion
11. MUSCULAR ENDURANCE- ability to contract the muscles many times without tiring or to hold one contraction for a long time.
12. MUSCULAR STRENGTH- the amount of force a muscle can produce.
Quiz 3: Words 13-17
13. AEROBIC ACTIVITY- exercise performed for a long duration with the presence of oxygen (examples include aerobic dance, cycling, jogging, power walking, in-line skating, step aerobics, kickboxing)
14. BODY MASS INDEX (BMI)- a method of assessing body composition through height, age, weight, and gender
15. FITT PRINCIPLE- formula in which each letter represents a factor important for determining the correct amount for improving physical fitness: F-frequency, I-intensity, T-time, T-type.
16. HEALTH- a high-level of mental, social, emotional, spiritual, and physical wellness
17. OBESITY- increased body weight caused by excessive accumulation of 25-30% body fat.
Quiz 4: Words 18-22
18. BALANCE- the ability to keep an upright posture while standing still or moving
19. HAND-EYE COORDINATION- coordination refers to the control of eye movement and the processing of visual input to guide bodily movement
20. DEFENSIVE STRATEGY- strategies used to defend oneself or one's goal against attack (examples: preventing the offense from scoring a goal in soccer or lacrosse)
21. OFFENSIVE STRATEGY- Assess the strength and weakness of the opponent and use those to gain an advantage for attacking or scoring in a game.
22. SPORTSMANSHIP- conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and being a cheerful loser, etc…
Quiz 5: Words 23-25
23. COOL DOWN- light activity followed by stretching, allowing the body systems to slow down gradually.(e.g. slow jog, walking, stretching)
24. WARM-UP- the beginning component of a workout that prepares the body for activity
25. CIRCUIT TRAINING- a method of physical conditioning in which one moves from one exercise to the other, usually in a series of different stations or pieces of equipment