DetentionHow are detentions earned?
Where is detention held?
- Tardy - Students earn one 30-minute detention (can be served at lunch or after school) for every tardy after their 2nd tardy earned (students receive 2 freebies per semester)
- Staff-Issued - Staff can assign 30-minute or 60-minute detentions to students for being disruptive or defiant (can be served at lunch or after school).
When must detentions be served by? Student have the rest of the week from when the detention/tardy was received until the following Friday of the following week. So, a student may have 1-2 weeks depending on when the tardy/detention was received. See visual below.What if students don't serve a detention? If students fail to serve detention, they are assigned Saturday School immediately after the last Friday they had to serve their detention by (refer to visual below).
- Lunch Detention (30 minutes) - Little Theater (door closes 10 minutes after the start of lunch).
- After-School Detention (60 minutes) - H24 after school 2:45-3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Students may serve the full 60 minutes or just 30 minutes if that is all they need to serve.
What if students don't serve Saturday School? Students are placed in ACP for a full day and placed on the No-Go List for four (4) weeks.What if the student has/had a special circumstance? Go see Trisha Sanzari (clerk located in the hallway of the Admin Building) to see what options may be available.
- Tardy Detention - may choose to serve at Academic or Discipline Saturday School
- Staff-Issued Detentions - must serve Discipline Saturday School only
Can a student be removed from the No-Go List early? Go see Trisha Sanzari (clerk located in the hallway of the Admin Building) to see what options may be available.