First Grade/A Track Survival Guide
School hours are from 8:20 a.m.-2:50 p.m.
- Mornings: Please remind your child to use the restroom, get a drink of water, etc, before the bell rings. Students need to LINE UP on the black top behind the number “4”, when the bell rings at 8:20 AM.
- First Day of School: Parents please line up outside with you child next to the "D-4" sign on the primary black top. I will meet you there at 8:25 AM and we will ALL walk together in the classroom.
- Drop off: You will need to drop off your child on the side of the school off of Harrison. If you are late and the Harrison gate is closed, drop off your child in the front office.
- Backpack and Homework Folder: These items will need to come to school every day. Your child will need a full size backpack with NO WHEELS- due to storage issues. Homework folder needs to be in the backpack and brought to school every day.
- Snack: Since our school day is longer than kindergarten, please pack a healthy snack that your child can open by him/herself. They will eat it during the 10:10 a.m. recess.
- Lunch: Your child will need a healthy sack lunch or a hot lunch can be purchased for $2.25. They will need to have their lunch # memorized to purchase a hot lunch (The same # they used in kindergarten).
- Class Website: visit our class website at: www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/rpes. Click on “Teacher Site” and then click on “Mrs.Flores” to retrieve weekly homework and other important information. Homework is assigned on Friday and is due the following Friday.
- Wednesdays Dismissal: Every Wednesday, the children will be dismissed at 1:50 p.m. July 12th will be regular dismissal @ 2:50 PM.
- Pick up: You will need to pick up your child on the side of the school (Harrison). The students will be lined up along the fence area waiting for you. If they are not picked up by 3:05 p.m. and the gate is locked, please go to the front of the school to pick up your child from the office. See you at 2:50 p.m.
- Family Learning Friday: FLF will be on the second Friday of every month @ 8:25 AM.