GATE: Barton Elementary – Magnet Program
Barton GATE Magnate Program offers a safe, challenging environment in which all GATE students can thrive and be successful in school.
At Barton, we rely on fundraising activities and donations in order to offer special events for our GATE students only.
The following events and field trips have been booked for 2017-2018:
- September 9, 2017: Color Run (fundraiser)
- October 6 (3rd/4th) and October 20 (5th/6th), 2017: Inside the Outdoors (OC Dept. of Ed)
- November 9, 2017: Imagination Machine
- December 15, 2017: Purple Easel
- May 4th and 11th, 2018 (tentative dates): Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens
- GATE Parent Advisory Committee (GPAC) meets once a month
- GATEKeeper Newsletter published monthly by students
Individual GATE Classrooms and School Activities:
- Ongoing throughout the year, all GATE classes include STEAM/STEM activities
- Expert Reports and Genius Hour (Passion Projects)
- Young Entrepreneur's Product Pitch (May 2018): We are trying to get this launched district wide
- Pentathlon (May 2018; 6th Grade): We are trying to expand this program to the two junior high schools into which we feed to continue to provide for our gifted students. . If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the principal, Dr. Manny Gonzalez.