GATE: Prado View Elementary
G.A.T.E program in grades 3rd – 6th
- Students create power point presentations using extensive research of history and science topics.
- Students are proficient with their keyboarding skills and being able to type reports on the computer.
- Analysis of literature and higher-level novels. Students are actively involved in Literature Circle groups where they are actively engaged in discussions.
- Students have extensions throughout their literature novels to show their learning in a variety of ways. One example would be writing a narrative story about a topic in history and including facts about the time period.
- Students are engaged in the Scientific Process. Students show their results in a graph or another form in which they can present to others.
- In math students are using many manipulatives to help have a greater understanding of concepts taught.
- Students are writing to explain their knowledge during math lessons.
- Students create their own oral presentations about a topic being studied in class. The product they create can be from a variety of choices offered by teacher to show their learning.
- Parents are encouraged to work in the classroom with the students during math centers, guided reading activities, and in the arts.
- Parents who have a specific occupation and would like to come to the classroom to explain their occupation and answer questions about their jobs are encouraged to participate. For example, firemen, police officers, lawyers, doctors, authors, and many more have volunteered their time and knowledge this year.
- Students are involved in many musicals and plays in all grade levels. All of the arts are based on a topic learning about for that grade level.
- Students are part of the Student council leadership team. Students write speeches, speak with administrators, and are a liaison that facilitates a close working relationship between all groups on campus.
- Students are given the opportunity to participate in several after school activities. Some of the classes offered are: Art Smarts, Chess Club, Science Club, Homework Club, Track, Talent show, Choir, Showstoppers, and much more.
- Students are given the opportunity to be a part of a community service projects such as Food Drives, Relay for Life, Fun Runs, and working with businesses in our community.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the principal, Mrs. Ginger Prewitt.
Last Modified on September 29, 2017