My ultimate goal is for your child to be a self-manager of his/her own behavior. To achieve this goal, both positive and negative consequences are a part of my classroom discipline plan.
Positive ConsequencesI stress positive rewards as incentives for appropriate behavior. Classroom positives are:
1. Verbal praise from the teacher and peers
2. Stickers for Success
3. Treasure Chest/Treat Jar
4. Ding Cards (Reward Cards)
Inappropriate behavior and/or not following classroom or playground rules will result in negative consequences. My discipline policy is as follows:
1. Name on the board = Warning
2. Name with a check = Loss of recess, Write and apology note for his/her
behavior, Name recorded in Discipline Log
3. Name on the board with two check marks = Loss of additional recess, Write an apology note, Note sent home to be signed by parent and returned
**Anytime a child is caught hitting or hurting another child, consequence #3 will automatically apply (Loss of recess, Apology note, Note sent home to be signed by parent and returned).
I will call the parents to ask for your help if there is a recurrent behavior problem. I will seek your help and input in order to make school a positive environment for your child!