Entry Skills Necessary To Be Successful
• Be able to perform long division
• Know multiplication facts
• Add, subtract, multiply, divide fractions.
• Add, subtract, multiply, divide decimals.
• Know the rules for integers.
• Know the order of operations.
• Translate from words to variable expressions
• Combine liker terms
• Solve one-step equations
• Know math vocabulary
• Knowledge of basic algebraic properties
• Add, subtract, multiply, divide fractions and integers
• Solve equations
• Graph linear equations
• Simplify radicals
• Solving quadratic equations by factoring and quadratic formula
• Slope-intercept form
• Graphing lines and parabolas (by slope-intercept form & table)
• Factoring (general - all)
• Solve quadratic equations by factoring
• Know rules of exponents
• Solve square root equations
• Solve absolute value equations & inequalities
• Combine like terms in polynomials
• Know number sets (natural, whole, integer, rational, irrational, real)
• Identify and apply arithmetic properties (commutative, associative, etc.)
• Fractions (all operations)
• Solve two-step equations
• Know and use distance & midpoint formulas
• Solve systems of equations using graphing, substitution, & elimination.
Last Modified on May 13, 2010