7th Grade Social Studies Course Syllabus Hardy
Welcome to 7th grade Social Studies! I am excited to have the pleasure to teach your child this school year. To be successful in 7th grade Social Studies, a student needs to strive to:
· Have good attendance
· Follow directions the first time they are given.
· Take notes and be attentive.
· Study key terms/vocabulary words.
· Complete assigned classwork and homework.
· Participate in class activities and complete assigned projects.
· Bring 3-ring binder, spiral notebook, paper and pencils to class daily.
· Be ready and excited to learn!
· 7.2 Islam
· 7.4 Africa
· 7.3 China
· 7.5 Japan
· 7.1 Rome
· 7.6 Middle Ages
· 7.8 Renaissance
· 7.9 Reformation
· 7.9 Scientific Reformation
· 7.11 Enlightenment/Exploration
· 7.7 Americas
Textbook: “Medieval to Early Modern Times” by Holt Rinehart Winston.
· 3 ring binder
· College ruled spiral notebook (you will need 5-10 for the whole year)
· Notebook paper
· 3 hole pencil pouch to fit in binder
· Colored pencils
· Glue stick
· Hand held pencil sharpener
· Red grading pen
* Target and Walmart usually have super sales on these supplies at the beginning of the year.
*If due to hardship, you cannot obtain some supplies, notify your teacher the first week of school.
Some homework and classwork will be completed in the student’s spiral notebook. Homework will be assigned daily. Students who are absent must check the homework file/calendar to find out what they missed in order to make up their missing work. Students can access homework assignments by logging on to http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/auis and checking my teacher webpage.
· Progress Reports/Print outs of your child’s grades will go home every 3 weeks and will require a parent signature.
· Bring all materials/supplies to class daily.
· Be in your seat ready to work before the bell rings.
· Be attentive/participate in class- do not talk while others are talking/teaching.
· Good attendance is important- makeup your missing work when absent.
· Put downs/cursing do not belong in my classroom and will not be tolerated.
· Enjoy food and drinks outside- water is okay.
· No gum and No texting or cell phone use in class- keep your phone off and out of sight.
I look forward to a great year getting to know your child and preparing him/her for 8th grade. Feel free to contact me at Jhardy@cnusd.k12.ca.us or at #736-3231.