River Heights Intermediate School
Library Rules and Procedures
* Students will receive textbooks for their core classes during the first week of school. These textbooks will be checked out under the student's I.D. number. The student is responsible for the textbooks received and must return the textbooks in good condition.
* Parents/guardians will be charged for lost or damaged textbooks.
* Students owing books to the library at the end of the school year will not participate in end of the year activities until obligations are cleared.
* Students beginning the year with obligations from the previous school year will have activities limited until obligations are cleared.
* Students may check out books from the library using their student I.D. cards.
* Library books must be returned to the library by the due date. If a student wishes to keep books longer they must be checked out again.
* Students with overdue library books will have activities limited until the books are returned or paid for.
General Library Procedures
* The library is generally open before school, during lunch, and briefly after-school for students to check out books.
* Food and drinks are not permitted in the library.
* The library is a QUIET place for students to study, read, or research. Please be respectful of others when entering the library by using a soft voice.
* Computers are available for students to use for research.
* The library may be used for working on projects. Ask the librarian about supplies that may be available for use on projects.