John F. Kennedy Middle College High School envisions a school where all students take Norco College courses, complete a minimum of 30 Norco College units, and graduate career and college ready with all A-G requirements met.
School Wide Learning Outcomes
Kennedy Middle College graduates will be Critical Thinkers who:
Indicators: Socratic seminars, focused not taking, performance tasks, ACT/SAT/PSAT test scores
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze, interpret and evaluate varying opinions and data to formulate reasoned solutions and responses.
- Integrate prior knowledge with a new idea and concepts and formulate a reasoned solution.
Kennedy Middle College graduates will be Collaborative Individuals who:
Indicators: Performance tasks, student work samples.
- Value the viewpoints of others and be open-minded to diverse ideas
- Know how to balance collaborative and individual efforts to solve problems
Kennedy Middle College graduates will be Effective Communicators who:
Indicators: Student work samples Socratic seminars reflections, performance tasks
- Express their thoughts, opinions and beliefs, clearly and effectively using academic vocabulary both verbally and in writing
Kennedy Middle College graduates will be Self-Directed Learners who:
Indicators: Vision - 30 unit completion of Norco College courses, A-G completion, Norco College Education Plan, Smart goals in Excel, Norco College CTE Pathways, CSU mentor
- Recognize the importance of his/her own education
- Are intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
- Identify areas of interest or passion
- Build goals upon those areas
- Establish a pathway to meet those goals
Kennedy Middle College graduates will be Community Contributors who:
Indicators: Participation in service clubs on campus and organizations within the community
- Demonstrate involvement within the school and community through participation in volunteer/community involvement programs.