It is the expectation that students of Centennial High School will maintain positive and punctual attendance to all of their assigned classes. It is also the expectation that students not only arrive on time, but that they arrive prepared to learn and actively participate in the curriculum planned for the day. Students shall have the appropriate materials, tools, and mindset to acheive academic success.
If your son/daughter is absent from school, we ask that you call the Attendance Office (951) 739-5670 within three days of their absence.
Mrs. Maria Hernandez (L-Z) email@example.com or (951) 739-5670 extension 20017.
Ms. Laura Serdas (A-K) firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 739-5670 extension 20018.
A pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
1. Due to his or her illness.
2. Due to quarantine under the direction of a county of city health officer.
3. For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
4. For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
5. Due to illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
6. For justifiable, personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral services, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, or attendance at an employment conference, when the pupil’s absence has been requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefore, the teacher of any class from which a pupil is absent shall determine the tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence. (EC48200, EC48205)
REMINDER: It is the parent/guardian responsibility for reporting their child’s absence (s) to the school in a timely manner. You have 10 school days after your child has been absent to provide an explanation for the absences to the school. Absences not verified within 10 days will be recorded as unexcused/truancy absences.
Students who continue to be truant or tardy to class will be placed on a School Attendance Contract. If the students attendance does not improve, a hearing will be scheduled with the School Attendance Review Board, and may be reported to the Riverside County District Attorney's office.
If your son/daugther will be absent for more than three days, please contact the administration office (951) 739-5670.