Lincoln Lion's 100 Mile Club
Lincoln Alternative is in its fifth year of encouraging students to walk to a goal. Students may officially join by completing the registration form. These forms are available from your teacher or office.
HOW DO STUDENTS EARN MILES?
* Students run/walk on Tuesday and Thursdays at first recess supervised by parent volunteers distributing sticks for each lap completed. The sticks are turned in to the teacher for credit toward their miles goal.
* Teachers may also have students out during classtime to walk/run the courses.
* The "First Friday" of each month from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. is available for students to walk/run the course. During hot weather months, the time may change to 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. Parents pick up their children at the back of the school for afternoon runs.
* Community 100 Mile Club walks are also a means of collecting miles. Check the website: www.100mileclub.com for their calendar of events.
* Students and adults may also earn miles via 5K, 10K, half marathons and marathon runs. This will require a picture of the finish line with the medal and bib number.
WHEN DO STUDENTS GET THEIR T-SHIRTS?
Students earn their t-shirts when they complete 25 miles. T-shirts are available for student pick-up during first recess on Wednesdays only. Teachers will advise students which classrooms t-shirts are available.
For more information or to volunteer to assist with run/walk times please contact:
PTA Chairpersons / Robin Spiegel firstname.lastname@example.org (951) 707-9849
PTA Chairpersons / Melanie Guerra email@example.com (951) 850-6938
LAS Teacher Coordinator / Robin Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org