We will continue to offer an after-school program at Garretson during the 2016-2017 school year. It will provide students with a safe, supervised environment; a nutritious snack and dinner; homework help; extra instruction in reading, writing, and math; as well as enrichment activities such as science, art, computers, physical education, and music.
The program will operate every regular school day immediately after school dismissal time.
· Monday through Friday, 5 days a week.
· From 2:57-6:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
From 1:57-6:00pm on Wednesday.
· All students must be picked up by 6:00pm.
· Bussing will be available for those students who qualify. The bus will leave school at 5:30 each day (earlier at the end of Daylight Saving Time).
The Expanded Learning program is NOT a drop-in program. Regular attendance is required.
· Your child is expected to be here 5 days a week.· Your child is expected to stay the entire time unless he/she has received approval based on the Expanded Learning program early release policy.
· Attendance will be taken each day. If a student is absent, his/her regular school day attendance will be checked. Parents/guardians must notify the school if their child is going to be absent. When the child returns from an absence, parents are required to provide a signed note.
· Students with more than three excused absences can be dismissed from the program. Ongoing excused absences are also grounds for program dismissal.