Promotion Information for Parents:
Promotion is scheduled for Thursday, June 4th, 2:00PM at Santiago High School’s football stadium.
· No school for 8th graders June 4th – promotion is the school activity
· Students need to report to the SHS gymnasium at 1:00PM. Latecomers may not be able to participate. Students will be searched for electronics or other items not allowed on the field.
· Student names will be read at the beginning of the ceremony. Please be on time to avoid missing your child’s name being read.
· Sit in the home grandstand if your child’s last name begins with A-L
· Sit in the visitors grandstand if your child’s last name begins with M-Z
· Mrs. Mazo, Mrs. Rekte and students requiring assistance on the field will be seated on the home grandstand side in the front row.
· Parking is limited. You may enter the lot from either Rimpau or Chase.
· No air horns, balloons, umbrellas, signs or other distractions to the ceremony are allowed. Please be courteous so everyone can hear and see when their child’s name is read.
· Students can be located on the blacktop outside of the gym after the ceremony. Alphabetical signs will be posted to assist in locating your child.
· Yearbooks (if extra are available), water, leis and other items will be sold before the ceremony at the main entrance. Pre-ordered leis are available through W.E.B. and will be distributed inside the gym to students.
· No high heels are allowed on the artificial turf at Santiago. Flat shoes or wedges only.
· No parents are permitted on the track or field at any time during or after the ceremony.
Congratulations to our 8th grade students and the future class of 2019!!!