To Participate in 8th Grade Activities I need:
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must attend 90% or more of the school days or periods they are enrolled in.
- Students demonstrating poor attendance habits (i.e.--excessive tardies, truancies, no documenation from medical appointments or frequent early dismissals) will be referred to administration and may be excluded from participating in the school activities. Note: Students will have the opportunity to attend Saturday School to receive credit for a day of absence.
- Disciplinary Saturday Schools must be served.
- Students earning multiple Ed Code Violations resulting in administrative disciplinary action may not be allowed to participate in school activities.
- Students consistently demonstrating poor behavior may be placed on a behavior contract.
Promotion is scheduled for Friday, June 1st at 2:00PM at Santiago High School’s football stadium.
- No school for 8th graders June 2nd– promotion is the school activity
- Students need to report to the SHS gymnasium at 1:00PM. Latecomers may not be able to participate. Students will be searched for electronics or other items not allowed on the field.
- Student names will be read at the beginning of the ceremony. Please be on time to avoid missing your name being read.
- Visitors sit in the home grandstand if your child’s last name begins with A-L
- Visitors sit in the visitors grandstand if your child’s last name begins with M-Z
- Mrs. Benton, Mrs. Rekte and students requiring assistance on the field will be seated on the home grandstand side in the front row.
- Parking is limited. You may enter the lot from either Rimpau or Chase.
- No air horns, balloons, umbrellas, signs or other distractions to the ceremony are allowed. Please be courteous so everyone can hear and see when their child’s name is read.
- Students will be located on the blacktop outside of the gym after the ceremony. Alphabetical signs will be posted to assist you in locating your child. Please arrange a spot to meet your child after the ceremony.
- Yearbooks (if extra are available), water, leis and other items will be sold before the ceremony at the main entrance. Pre-ordered leis are available through W.E.B. and will be distributed inside the gym to students.
- No high heels are allowed on the artificial turf at Santiago. Flat shoes or wedges only.
- No parents are permitted on the track or field at any time during or after the ceremony.
Congratulations to our 8th grade students and the future class of 2022!!!