May 15, 2017
To Participate in 8th Grade Activities I need:
• Academics – Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
• Attendance – Students must attend 90% or more of the school days or periods they are enrolled in. You can attend Saturday School from 8:00am to noon to receive credit for a day of absence.
• Behavior – You must serve all assigned detentions and Saturday Schools and not demonstrate poor behavior habits that result in administrative disciplinary action.Promotion Information
Promotion is scheduled for Friday, June 2nd 2:00PM at Santiago High School’s football stadium.
- No school for 8th graders June 2nd– promotion is the school activity
- Students need to report to the SHS gymnasium at 1:00PM. Latecomers may not be able to participate. Students will be searched for electronics or other items not allowed on the field.
- Student names will be read at the beginning of the ceremony. Please be on time to avoid missing your name being read.
- Visitors sit in the home grandstand if your child’s last name begins with A-L
- Visitors sit in the visitors grandstand if your child’s last name begins with M-Z
- Mrs. Benton, Mrs. Rekte and students requiring assistance on the field will be seated on the home grandstand side in the front row.
- Parking is limited. You may enter the lot from either Rimpau or Chase.
- No air horns, balloons, umbrellas, signs or other distractions to the ceremony are allowed. Please be courteous so everyone can hear and see when their child’s name is read.
- Students will be located on the blacktop outside of the gym after the ceremony. Alphabetical signs will be posted to assist you in locating your child. Please arrange a spot to meet your child after the ceremony.
- Yearbooks (if extra are available), water, leis and other items will be sold before the ceremony at the main entrance. Pre-ordered leis are available through W.E.B. and will be distributed inside the gym to students.
- No high heels are allowed on the artificial turf at Santiago. Flat shoes or wedges only.
- No parents are permitted on the track or field at any time during or after the ceremony.
Congratulations to our 8th grade students and the future class of 2021!!!