The Board of Education believes that a strong evaluation program is essential to the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Corona-Norco Unified School District. Toward this end the Board has directed that there be:
- Frequent formative evaluation of student progress
- Hard Data, such as test scores, as well as portfolios and subjective assessments
- Anecdotal records/comments which are seen as helpful but not adequate
- Timelines for all goals with established benchmarks
- Persons named as responsible for all goals
The primary purpose of an effective evaluation program is to produce information to improve student academic achievement. A secondary purpose is to evaluate the overall success of the curricular content and instructional methods in meeting the goals and objectives of the Board of Education.