Office: 951 -736-3214 Fax: 736-3404
Last Name (A-L) dial extension 1029 Last Name (M-Z) dail extension 1028
It is the expectation that students of Coronal High School will maintain positive and punctual attendance to all of their assigned classes. It is also the expectation that students not only arrive on time, but that they arrive prepared to learn and actively participate in the curriculum planned for the day. Students shall have the appropriate materials, tools, and mindset to acheive academic success.If your son/daughter is absent from school, we ask that you call the Attendance Office to inform us of their absence.
- Only medical related absences will be excused
- Parents may call anytime (including night time) and leave voice mail for your student regarding any attendance issues.
- Car problems, over sleeping, traffic will not be cleared for tardies.
- No student will be released without parent going to attendance office to present legal ID and sign the student out. This also includes parents of student drivers.
- Cut off time for picking up students is 2:15 - no exceptions
A pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefore, the teacher of any class from which a pupil is absent shall determine the tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence. (EC48200, EC48205)REMINDER: It is the parent/guardian responsibility for reporting their child’s absence (s) to the school in a timely manner. You have 10 school days after your child has been absent to provide an explanation for the absences to the school. Absences not verified within 10 days will be recorded as unexcused/truancy absences.
- Due to his or her illness.
- Due to quarantine under the direction of a county of city health officer.
- For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
- For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
- Due to illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
- For justifiable, personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral services, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, or attendance at an employment conference, when the pupil’s absence has been requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.