FACTS of Social Media and Internet Safety:
Did you know...
· 17% of 3 and 4-year old’s use their parent's tables and smartphones as do 87% of 5 to 7-year old’s.
· 92% of teens post their real name on their online profiles
· 58% of teens don’t think posting personal info online is unsafe.
· 69% of teens get personal messages from strangers and don't tell a trusted adult.
· 82% of children are exposed to inappropriate material online before age 11.
Parents do you....
· Tell your child to never use identifying information like their name spelled out in their email address?
· Keep your computers in the family room or other high traffic area in your home?
· Know how the internet works and apps your child is using?
· Track your child's online activities?
· Do you know your child's email address, user names, and passwords?
· Do you know your child's online friends?
What is Cyberbullying?
· Any form of bullying that takes place online which includes texting, emails and social media platforms
· 87% of today's youth have witnessed cyberbullying
· Close to 34% of students acknowledge that they have experienced cyberbullying
· 15% of surveyed students admit to cyberbullying others.
· 39% of children do not enable privacy settings on social media
· 1 out of 3 children feel they are more acceptable on social media than in real life.