Voters Approve Measure GG
The Riverside County Registrar of Voters has confirmed the passage of Measure GG with 57% of the vote in favor of the measure. We understand and take seriously that the community has entrusted us with a profound responsibility. As such, we will continue our tradition of excellence and build upon our community’s confidence in our schools. Together, we will proceed down a prudent and transparent path as we carry out the projects afforded by the passage of this bond. The next step in this process is the formation of the Citizens Oversight Committee, which will occur as early as February 2015. The law requires a Citizens Oversight Committee be established to assure bond funds are used as outlined in the ballot. The committee will be composed of parents, senior citizens, business and civic leaders. We will keep you apprised of this process and encourage you to visit the District’s website for regular updates: www.cnusd.k12.ca.us .The passage of this bond measure creates far-reaching, positive educational opportunities for our students today and for generations to come. As a school district, we will roll up our sleeves and go about the work we have always done — to create hope, opportunity, and a better future for all students.
Background:On August 5, the Board of Education unanimously voted to place Measure GG on the November 2014 ballot to address the needs of our outdated and aging facilities. Measure GG will provide local funding to improve our Corona, Norco and Eastvale schools—funding that cannot be taken away by the State. For more information about the bond measure, please click here.
Measure GG Ballot Question:Shall Corona Norco Unified School District, serving areas of Corona, Norco and Eastvale, upgrade classrooms, science lands, computers, career-training technology to support high-quality instruction in math, science, engineering, technology/skilled trades, repair/replace leaky roofs, floors, plumbing/hazardous materials where needed, address overcrowding, improve student safety/security, repair, construct, acquire, equip classrooms, facilities/sites, by issuing $396 million in bonds, at legal rates, with citizen oversight, no administrator salaries, and all funds dedicated to improving local neighborhood schools?
- Resolution Ordering Election
- Resolution Determining Allocation of Measure GG Funds to the Communities of Corona, Eastvale and Norco
Measure GG Facts:
To view the Superintendent's update, please click here.
- Measure GG funds generated in the communities of Corona, Eastvale and Norco will be used exclusively to benefit schools in each respective community and cannot be taken by the State or directed to other areas of the District.
- The State CANNOT take Measure GG funding away.
- Funding from Measure GG will :
- Provide labs and update classrooms for career technical education
- Update instructional technology in the classroom for improved student learning
- Upgrade classrooms, libraries, science labs and computer systems to keep pace with technology and rising academic standards
- Improve student safety and security, including security lighting, cameras, fencing, smoke detectors, fire alarms and sprinklers
- Repair or replace deteriorated roof, floors, electrical systems and plumbing
- Address overcrowding by providing new classrooms and facilities
- No funds can be used for district administration or employee salaries
- A Citizens' Oversight Committee with representatives from all communities and annual independent audits will ensure that the money is spent consistent with a voter-approved project list, to learn more about the Citizens Oversight Committee, please click here.