National Staff Development Council
Standards for Staff Development
· Organizes adults into learning communities whose goals are aligned with those of the school and district.
· Requires skillful school and district leaders who guide continuous instructional improvement.
· Requires resources to support adult learning and collaboration.
· Uses disaggregated student data to determine adult learning priorities, monitor progress and help sustain continuous improvement.
· Uses multiple sources of information to guide improvement and demonstrate its impact.
· Prepares educators to apply research to decision making.
· Uses learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
· Applies knowledge about human learning and change.
· Provides educators with the knowledge and skills to collaborate.
· Prepares educators to understand and appreciate all students, create safe, orderly and supportive learning environments, and hold high expectations for their academic achievement.
· Deepens educators’ content knowledge, provides them with research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards, and prepares them to use various types of classroom assessments appropriately.
Click here to download this document.