National Staff Development Council
Standards for Staff Development
· Organizes adults into learning communities whose goals are aligned with those of the school and district.
· Requires skillful school and district leaders who guide continuous instructional improvement.
· Requires resources to support adult learning and collaboration.
· Uses disaggregated student data to determine adult learning priorities, monitor progress and help sustain continuous improvement.
· Uses multiple sources of information to guide improvement and demonstrate its impact.
· Prepares educators to apply research to decision making.
· Uses learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
· Applies knowledge about human learning and change.
· Provides educators with the knowledge and skills to collaborate.
· Prepares educators to understand and appreciate all students, create safe, orderly and supportive learning environments, and hold high expectations for their academic achievement.
· Deepens educators’ content knowledge, provides them with research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards, and prepares them to use various types of classroom assessments appropriately.· Provides educators with knowledge and skills to involve families and other stakeholders appropriately.
Click here to download this document.