Your first day....
What if I can't find my name?
- Plan to arrive by 8:15am
- Your parents are welcome to come with you until first bell rings (might want to bring a tissue for the tears!)
- Report to the MPR (multi-purpose room, a.k.a. the Gym). Find your name on the wall. When you find your name, make note of what room that teacher is in-that is where you will go first-it is your 1st period class teacher.
- Bell will ring at 8:40am - send parents home and report to your 1st period class.
- Your 1st class period teacher will hand out a schedule to you and explain how to read it.
What if I want different classes?
- If you can't find your name on the roster, you need to go to the office and the Student Advisor will help you. Don't worry if the bell rings while you are waiting to get the information you need. RHIS teachers are very understanding.
Speaking of Lunch...
- If you applied for honors classes or different Exploratory Class/Yearbook/Leadership/Video Production, etc., and want to find out why you didn't get the class you requested, you need to see the Student Advisor before school or at lunch during the first week of school.
- We do not make changes to schedules so that you can be in class with your friends, or to give you a different PE coach, etc. However, we want to know if you are having trouble with other students in class, or any other issues getting used to intermediate school, so please come to talk to any administrator before school or at lunch.
And Now, a Word From Our Principal...
- Lunch lines are really long the first week of school, so many students just bring a lunch. If you do decide to eat at school, listen closely to the noon supervisors. They will instruct you what line to get into, to get what you want.
- Lunch is $2.25 with milk and juice; $2.75 to add a water.
- 7th grade students will be let out of their previous class early the first several days to allow them to get used to the lunch routines.
- As we begin planning for the upcoming school year, we want to welcome all of you to our River Heights family! We anticipate an exciting and successful year ahead and we are thrilled to have you with us!
- A friendly reminder that all incoming 7th graders must receive the Tdap immunization prior to beginning the school year. The Tdap booster must have been received on or after the student's 7th birthday. Between now and July 29th, you may bring proof of your immunization to the District Office located at 2820 Clark Avenue (Building E) , Norco CA 92860. Beginning, Monday, July 29th proof of immunization can be brought directly to the River Heights office between 8:00am-3:30pm.
- All River Heights students will receive their class schedule on the first day of school. We encourage all students to pick up their "at home" set of textbooks prior to the first day of school. The library will be open for students to pick up textbooks a few days before school starts. Check school's calendar for updated info & dates.
Last Modified on July 26, 2017