Top Students from 52 Riverside County Public High Schools Honored at Academic Awards Dinner
RIVERSIDE – The top high school students from the class of 2015 in Riverside County—including the top 10 students in the county—were honored on Wednesday, April 15, at the 10th Annual Riverside County Student Academic Awards Dinner held at the Riverside Convention Center.
More than 550 parents, principals, and superintendents were in attendance as 132 Riverside County high school students were recognized for outstanding academic achievement while 10 students were named to the 2015 All-County Academic Team. Each high school was asked to select between one and three students, based on their enrollments, students’ GPAs, college entrance exams, class rank, and extracurricular activities. The group includes 51 valedictorians and 36 salutatorians. Riverside County Superintendent of Schools, Kenneth M. Young, announced the names of the top 10 students in the county—the 2015 All-County Academic Team. The average GPA for the 2015 All-County Academic Team is 4.75 and the average SAT score is 2292, compared to the national average of 1497. The class of 2015’s top students got dinner and congratulations from area educators. Honorees included the top 10 students in Riverside County. All were recognized April 15 at the 10th Annual Riverside County Student Academic Awards Dinner at the Riverside Convention Center. Ten students were named to the 2015 All-County Academic Team. Each high school chose one to three students, based on their enrollments, GPAs, college entrance exams, class rank and extracurricular activities. The average GPA for the All-County Academic Team is 4.5. The average SAT score is 1,942, higher than the national average of 1,497.
The 2015 All-County Academic Team includes: Vihar Naik of Centennial High School in Corona; David Legg of Centennial; Rushi Bhalani of Santiago High School in Corona; Gloria Issa of La Quinta High School; Kaylie Chen of Palm Desert High School; Michael Martin of West Valley High School in Hemet; Wesley Poon of Valley View High School in Moreno Valley; Ilora Naik of Poly High School in Riverside; Zubin Mishra of Poly; and Hank Wang of Chaparral High School in Temecula.
Other honorees include:
• Alvord Unified: Matthew Sanchez, La Sierra High School; Ken Shaffer, La Sierra; Matthew Tatsumi, La Sierra; Ikeoluwa Adeyemi-Idowu, Norte Vista High; Ramanjot Sandhu, Norte Vista; and Sunny Singh, Norte Vista.
• Banning Unified: Kanudh Jiramaneemai and Arianna Silva Torres of Banning High School.
• Beaumont Unified: Sadie Jo Li Larson, Ricardo Pena and Hans Peschel, all of Beaumont High.
• Corona-Norco Unified: Bryan Fong, Centennial High; David Legg, Centennial; Vihar Naik, Centennial High; Austin Conry, Corona High; Soh (Stacy) Jo, Corona High; Vicky Le, Corona High; Valerie Kwee, Roosevelt High; Nirav Patel, Roosevelt High; Alexandre Tung, Roosevelt High; Joseph Gendreau, Norco High; Adam Higelin, Norco High; Huijuan Xu, Norco High; Ryan Ballard, Santiago High; Rushi Bhalani, Santiago High; and Kristin Sanford, Santiago High.
• Hemet Unified: Caitlin deBoer, Hamilton High; Jacob Arana, Hemet High; Alena Dinh, Hemet High; Danielle Simmons, Hemet High; Michael Lenihan, Tahquitz High; Thy Vo, Tahquitz High; Michael Martin, West Valley High; Vishwajit Shinde, West Valley High.
• Jurupa Unified: Alondra Melendrez, Jurupa Valley High; Ismael Salazar, Jurupa Valley High; Shannon Huynh, Patriot High; Joseph Meurer, Patriot High; Robert Valencia, Patriot High; Samantha Negrete, Rubidoux High; and Alexandra Rodriguez, Rubidoux High