On April 24, 2015 CNUSD was one of 11 eleven districts throughout the state to be recognized as a Model SARB (School Attendance Review Board) district. The 2014–15 Model School Attendance Review Board (SARB) Recognition Program, sponsored by the California Department of Education (CDE) in cooperation with the California Association of Supervisors of Child Welfare and Attendance (CASCWA), recognized 11 school district and county-level SARBS for efforts to improve attendance and reduce dropout rates.
This program identifies and recognizes school attendance improvement programs that review chronic absentee data at the district or county level—outstanding and innovative programs that will serve as models for other SARBs in the state. For more information on effective practices, see the 2015 SARB Handbook.
The model SARBs are:
- Alhambra Unified School District, School Attendance Review Board (SARB) Chairpersons Jeremy Infranca and Marisol Sanders, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, 626-943-3410.
- Berkeley Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Dr. Susan Craig,firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-644-6316.
- Colton Joint Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Christy Padilla,Christy_Padilla@cjusd.net, 909-580-5000.
- Corona-Norco Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Dr. Felicia Cruz-Delgado,email@example.com, 951-736-5111.
- El Dorado County Office of Education, SARB Chairperson Sheila Silan,firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-295-2412.
- Escondido Union School District, SARB Chairperson Maria Osborn,email@example.com, 760-432-2474.
- Grossmont Union High School District, SARB Chairperson Jenifer Mendel,JMENDEL@GUHSD.NET, 619-644-8014.
- Hayward Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Andrew Kevy,firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-784-2689.
- Jurupa Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Sandra Amatriain,Sandra_amatriain@jusd.k12.ca.us, 951-369-7437.
- Long Beach Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Dr. Erin Simon,ESimon@lbschools.net, 562-986-6870, ext. 241.
- San Juan Unified School District, SARB Chairperson Gaylon Johnson,email@example.com, 916-979-8602.
Congratulations to our entire CNUSD community for their efforts in promoting good school attendance. This year, the District deployed the “I’m In” Attendance Awareness campaign. With the support of principals, teachers, parents and staff this program has been highly successful in promoting good attendance and the importance of attending school each day.
For more information about the “I’m In” campaign, please visit: http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/Page/30949