September Classified Employees of the Month!
Starting this year we wanted to honor our Classified Employees at Santiago who do a lot of work behind the scenes! We asked teachers to vote each month. Congratulations to the following September Classified Employees of the Month!!! Thank you for your dedication, passion, and hard work.
Front Office- Ann Melconian and Lisa Giles
Comments from the staff about Ann:
- She has taken over a position that is intricate and involved, and has done it with grace and professionalism. She deserves our admiration and respect to be able to fill the shoes that previously 2 people did.
- Ann has been so kind to me and we only just met. She has recognized when I needed help and offered with a smile.
- She had huge shoes to fill, and is doing a FABULOUS job! Always friendly, helpful and resourceful.
Comments from the staff about Lisa:
- She is a very knowledgeable, hardworking employee with a wide experience in the CNUSD.
- Always beyond friendly and competent.
- She has been very helpful when I have questions and greets me every morning with a smile :)
Security- Artie Salgado
Comments from the staff about Artie:
- A calming force around campus who is always willing to help out with anything the teachers need.
- Artie is reliable and there when you need help.
- Artie is constantly stepping in to help with the extreme behaviors with the sped students.
Custodial/Grounds- Ralph Morales
Comments from the staff about Ralph:
- Because he is an awesome custodian!! He always asks what you need, and then immediately takes care of it. He even takes the initiative to fix problem he sees like replacing desks that he notices are cracking badly. He is also very kind and personable.
- He takes excellent care of my room
- He is always so nice, sociable, and helpful. He really goes out of his way to help with whatever needs to be done. I appreciate him very much.
Instructional Assistant- Roni Mercier Richter
Comments from the staff about Roni:
- She works great with others. Her knowledge helps all teachers and she is always willing to help others
- My classroom only runs efficiently because of all the work that she does. She assists students on their academics and personal issues, keeps the classroom organized, and assists other teachers.
- No matter what she is asked to do, or asked to step in she does it with a positive attitude and incredible accuracy.