January 30, 2017
Monday, January 30, 2017
- SOFTBALL TRYOUTS - Anyone interested in playing softball, tryouts will be Wednesday, February 1st @ the Varsity Softball Field. Tryouts will begin at 3pm. You must have your clearance forms completed. Any questions, please as Coach Hernandez
- Seniors: If you are not signed up for the 2017 remind, text @mrsjstiv to 81010. Make sure that you get all the important information you need.
- Senior Shirts are now on sale for all seniors in the student store for $10. Bring your ID. RAWR!
- There’s still time to get your Senior Value Pack, which includes: Sadies, Prom, Grad Nite, Senior Dinner Dance, a tassel and a yearbook for $345 with ASB, $365 w/out ASB. This will be on sale until February 3rd.
- Grad Nite tickets are now on sale for $120 with ASB and $125 without ASB. Tickets will be on sale until they are sold out. If you purchased a Senior Value Pack at registration, you can come by the student store to pick up your permission slip/ ticket.
- Attention Seniors- Norco College will be here on Wednesday to help with your applications. Come to J1 to sign up.
- Attention junior and senior ladies: The Powder Puff game has been postponed to Spring 2017. The game will be played in May. Paperwork is now due February 17th. No late exceptions will be accepted. As a reminder you need your physical paperwork to turn in this packet.
- Edison STEM scholarships available for 2017 for seniors. If you are planning to study science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) in college and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, you may be eligible for one of the 30 scholarships valued at $40,000. Application deadline is Feb. 1, 2017. To apply and get additional eligibility information, please visit www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholar
If you’ve been here after school and notice all the gates are locked, well… listen up. In order to help keep our campus safe after hours all of our gates are secured and locked. If you’re still on campus for athletics or after school tutoring you can leave campus by the student parking lot gates close to the band room and the F-wing. All other gates are secured and cannot be used to exit the campus. Please do not attempt to use or jump the gates unless you want to enjoy watching the closed gates on a Saturday. That’s right… if you’re observed jumping a gate or contributing to the damage of school property you’ll get a Saturday school or can end up suspended from school. If you have no business on campus, you’re expected to leave campus no later than 3:00p. Be responsible panthers and use the gates appropriately.
Panthers, make sure to make good wardrobe choices when you get ready in the morning. Corona High School follows the CNUSD dress code. For more information regarding the dress code, please see the CNUSD website, the CHS student planner or the CNUSD Parent/ Student handbook that was given to you during registration.
- In order to ensure school safety, drop offs in the front office are limited to ACADEMIC related drop off only. This means that only homework or projects may be left in the office with the receptionist. Item that are not allowed to be dropped off are: balloons, flowers, money, gifts or food. Thank you in advance for keeping our front office a place of business.
Attention Panthers, Corona High School that has a new first period tardy policy. If you arrive late to first period and get marked tardy by your teacher, you will receive a lunch detention for the same day. As a reminder, you should be on campus each day by 7:30am and in class and seated by 7:40am. Arriving after 7:40am means that you are late and will receive a lunch detention in ACP.